So at Pat's suggestion we went and bought Apples to Apples the game (thank you!). We invited our friends to come over and play it with us last night. Oh My Goodness! It is such a fun game. If you have never played it you should. Basically the idea is that there are green apple cards which have adjectives on them, such as "pure," or "pathetic" and then each person has a designated number of red apple cards which have nouns on them, like "the statue of liberty," or "rubber gloves". The judge for that round will lay the green card face up and tell the other players the word on it, as well as three synonyms. Then the players all lay one red card face down in the middle that they think the green card best describes (for example, if the adjective was "American" I would want to play something which American describes, like "the statue of liberty," or "New York City," etc.). The judge doesn't know who played what card so there is no bias. The judge's job is to decide which red card the green card best describes. It really is not nearly as complicated as I am describing I am sure, but it is tons of fun...The highlight from last night was when I was judge and the adjective was "pure" and my darling husband played the card "Mice." I am still trying to figure out what about mice is pure and chaste, but you can't help but love
Jeffer's goofiness...even when you try! If you don't have Apples to Apples, find a friend who does, or you can come play with us! Yes, we are bringing it to
Hoisington next time we come so we can all play it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment