Friday, May 23, 2008

Summertime!


This is our new townhome. Ours is the one on the right.
So I am officially finished with my first year of teaching. I feel like it went well. Now I don't know what to do with myself. I can't get a job because we are moving to Topeka in two weeks, then I am working at Country Stampede for two weeks, and then I need to get our townhome set up before school starts again. Right now I am in the process of packing up our apartment. I hate packing. I feel like I have packed up our stuff more times than I want to count. Hopefully we can stay in one place for a while.


I have decided to take up scrapbooking . I have all these pictures from this school year I want to scrapbook, plus the wedding pictures and just other odds and ends I think would be fun to do. So I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday. I think I went a little overboard. I need to take some back. Oops! I get a little stir crazy when I don't have anything to do. I'm not one of those people who can just sit around and relax. I feel I need to accomplish something during the day to feel like I was productive. I need to learn how to just enjoy not doing anything. I blame it on that darn Type A personality. Jeff is the opposite. He is more than happy to just sit and do nothing all weekend. I guess opposites really do attract! I would be lying if I said it didn't annoy me from time to time, but I am learning to appreciate it and take his cue from time to time.


Is it weird that I cried yesterday because I missed my kids? Maybe I should get my head examined...

1 comment:

Ian's Mom said...

Cute place!
We'll have to come check it out when you get all moved in. :)