
Google is a God-send and the Devil all wrapped in one.
For some reason I tend to believe Dr. Google more than I do my own doctor, for no apparent reason at all. I love my doc. I trust him beyond all belief. He hasn't led me astray yet.
I had my appt with him this week and he told me that I could stop the progesterone suppositories after I finished up the two days I have left, which would put me at Thursday and 10 wks 5 days. He actually wanted me to do another week but when I told him I would have to order an additional 60 to get the 10 more he wanted, he told me it was fine and I could just stop then.
Was anyone else scared to get off the progesterone?? I mean they did my progesterone when they did my beta and it was high, but I had also been on the progesterone since three days after my IUI. Also I had read that you need to wean your body off of it, and my doc says that is not necessary that you can just quit cold turkey. Any thoughts out there in blogland? Any tid bits of advice to ease my always panicking mind?




2 comments:
I would call the pharmacy and just get 10 days more. I would just pay for it if they don't let u do it that way....so that you will have a peace of mind. My RE is weaning me off the PIO shots to every other day but I am still on the suppositories and will be for a while.
My doctor had me stop the progesterone suppositories at 9 weeks, and I was terrified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just decided to trust my RE and OB, and stopped cold turkey. I never noticed any difference. My RE said the placenta is pumping out plenty of progesterone by 9 weeks, so supplementing wasn't necessary. My sweetpea is approaching her 13 month birthday in a little over a week, so I guess they were right. Good luck!!!!
Post a Comment