Once again...further proof that my husband did not pay attention in high school English class...
Case #1: Right after the song "promiscuous girl" by Nelly Fertado came out, we were jamming out to it in the car and Jeff says, "Hey this is kinda your song!" I became offended, and then realized that he had no idea what the word promiscuous meant...I asked him, and he said it meant you liked to have fun...I laughed until my stomach hurt and then finally filled him in on what it actually meant. It has now become an inside joke between us. I still find it extremely funny :)
Case #2: I haven't been feeling good for about a week now, had a really hacky cough, sore throat, lost my voice on Friday, the whole gross cold stuff. Anyway, I asked him tonight if he would go downstairs and get me a glass of water. He looked at me and said, "You are the bane of my existence." Again, I got a little offended, until I asked him what he thought that meant. He said
"it means I couldn't survive without you, it's a compliment." I looked it up in Webster's dictionary to show him the actual definition. For those of you who don't know it means:
1 a: obsolete : killer , slayer b: poison c: death , destructiond: woe
2: a source of harm or ruin : curse
Awesome...So now my husband has called me easy and likened me to death and destruction. The worst part is, he thinks it is so incredibly funny that he has decided that 'bane' shall be my nickname from now on. Can you feel the love tonight??
Case #1: Right after the song "promiscuous girl" by Nelly Fertado came out, we were jamming out to it in the car and Jeff says, "Hey this is kinda your song!" I became offended, and then realized that he had no idea what the word promiscuous meant...I asked him, and he said it meant you liked to have fun...I laughed until my stomach hurt and then finally filled him in on what it actually meant. It has now become an inside joke between us. I still find it extremely funny :)
Case #2: I haven't been feeling good for about a week now, had a really hacky cough, sore throat, lost my voice on Friday, the whole gross cold stuff. Anyway, I asked him tonight if he would go downstairs and get me a glass of water. He looked at me and said, "You are the bane of my existence." Again, I got a little offended, until I asked him what he thought that meant. He said
"it means I couldn't survive without you, it's a compliment." I looked it up in Webster's dictionary to show him the actual definition. For those of you who don't know it means:
1 a: obsolete : killer , slayer b: poison c: death , destruction
2: a source of harm or ruin : curse
Awesome...So now my husband has called me easy and likened me to death and destruction. The worst part is, he thinks it is so incredibly funny that he has decided that 'bane' shall be my nickname from now on. Can you feel the love tonight??




1 comment:
Why yes, yes I can feel the love tonight...why are you leaving for the other room...oh well I love you anyways. Have a good day my beautiful, hopefully these days non-promiscuous baby girl. KINKATCHOO
Post a Comment