Thursday, November 13, 2008

No news isn't always good news...

So I have been trying to hold off posting until we knew for sure what was going on because the doctors don't seem to communicate with one another. We went to KU Med two weeks ago today and talked with the Assisted Reproductive Technology doctors. They decided even after seeing ALL of our test results (Jeff and I combined are up to 8 tests now) decided to take blood from me yet again, and we have now confirmed that every aspect of my cycle is in sync and that I have no blockages in my tubes. Great I guess :)

Anyway, we left under the impression that we were going to start Intrauterine Insemination this month. They told us to use ovulation kits and when I got a positive one we were to call the office and then we would drive up to KC at 7:30 the next morning and have the procedure. Well when the nurse called back the following Thursday with my progesterone results (which were also fine) and she said the doctor just wanted us to use ovulation kits to find the right time to, well, you know (I'm sorry Grandma B. if you are reading this!) Well that is what my OB/GYN has had us doing for four months now. I expressed this to the nurse and she said that she would have Dr. Nelson check my chart (you know cause I have no idea what we've been doing) and call me back on Friday. Here I sit the following Thursday and have heard nothing. I have called three times and left three messages and nothing. I finally called my doctor in Topeka on Tuesday and said what do I do? They won't call me back and I need to let work know if I am going to be gone or not. He was very nice and understanding and said that if they haven't called by this afternoon to call him back and he would try to call.

I am VERY frustrated to say the least right now, and the whole thing has me wanting a new doctor, one that at least will call back or if they aren't able to call and say they didn't have time and they will call me at a certain day and time instead of leaving us hanging. Hopefully in the next couple of days we will have some better news, or at least news period!

No comments: