Friday, November 14, 2008

Time for a change





So does anyone out there in Blog land know how to change doctors? I finally got a message back after calling two of our other doctors who referred us to the doctor we are having problems with and complained to them about the lack of communication, in addition to how impersonal she was at our appointment and her lack of knowledge about our treatments prior to this appointment.

The message said, and I quote, "Sorry for not calling back sooner, but Dr. Nelson is out of town until Monday. I am guessing that you probably are leaning towards wanting to do an IUI this month, so go ahead and do the LH kit(ovulation kit) and when you have a positive test go ahead and call us and we can go from there as to what option you would like to do or give you advice." So basically the message did not answer any of the questions I asked the nurse a week ago. I also tried calling the doctors academic office and the girl over there got incredible snotty with me, so I let the professor at KU Med know who I talked to as well that I did not appreciate her telling me that she, "didn't know what test results or whatever that I needed to desperately, but I had no choice but to leave a message on the nurse's line." I'm sorry but when I am spending and already have spent thousands of dollars on this treatment, I am not going to be talked to like that. As if all of this isn't stressful enough!

Anyway, Jeff and I are to the point where we really don't want to put this off any longer, but the idea of this doctor getting our money and having to put faith in this clinic is not high on our scale anymore. Any suggestions?

No comments: