Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Time for Everything

Well we hit the one week mark yesterday. This whole waiting thing is harder than it sounds...not only is it it all you can think about, but you sit and scrutinize every twinge and slight cramp, hoping and praying that it is a sign that you are pregnant, instead of the impending doom that your monthly present is well on its way. It is emotionally draining. I am supposed to take a test next Tuesday morning, but honestly, I am scared to. I have gotten my hopes up so many times only to have it come crashing down on me. This time seems like we have so much more invested, physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, that I know it will hurt that much more if nothing comes of it. I am just trying to stay positive and remember that God has a plan and no matter what I do or don't do, if it's not the right time in his eyes, then it won't happen, and my job is to accept that and believe that a time will come when it is right. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

I found a verse the other day that I taped to my computer at school. I have been trying to read it and live by it...
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
~Philippians 4:4-7

No comments: