I think this is going to be our Christmas card this year...It's so darn cute!
On a somber note, one of my good friends just called and told me one of her grandmother's has breast cancer. She was very upset about it, and it is one of those times where all you can say is I am so sorry. Unfortunately, I know all too well how upsetting this situation can be. I have been dealing with the ups and downs of breast cancer since fifth grade when my mother was diagnosed with it at the age of 32. She underwent two rounds of chemotherapy and radiation and it went away. Over the years there have been scares and it is always a possibility that it could come back. Thankfully she is well and still kicking it 16 years later.
My grandfather has been in the hospital here in Topeka for the past week undergoing heart bypass surgery and a valve replacement. Today was his birthday, so we all went up to hospital and brought him a cake and had a little party in his hospital room. It was a fun time. It is technically not my grandfather, it is my step-father's father, but since I have only ever really known my step dad as my dad (my real dad left before I was born) I have always considered him as my grandfather too.
Our friends Brian Barta and his fiance Ellie are coming to stay with us next weekend so they can look for Ellie a job and a house since they are moving to Topeka in December. We are so excited to have more friends here, and it gives Jeff and Barta a chance to hang out other than just twice a year for hunting. Can't wait for them to come!
If you are a praying person, would you please keep my friend's grandmother in your prayers? I know it would mean a lot to them. As my high school youth group leader once said, "Never underestimate the power of Knee-mail!" Happy Weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment