Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Projects

I am officially on Summer vacation, and I officially have a sinus infection and dual ear infection. Awesome, I know. I have been on antibiotics for four full days and have six more to go. My ears are still hurting and full, but my sinus' have started to get better. I think I am going to finish up my antibiotics and then go back in to the doc if it still isn't gone. I'll tell you though, it was nice to go into a doc's office and not have to take off any garment of clothing, or have someone checking me out downstairs. Strange, since every doctors appointment I have had lately I am usually in some sort of stirrups with some sort of gown on.

I spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week painting my classroom. I know what you are thinking...Why are you painting your classroom, and why are you yourself doing it? Good questions, my friends. I am painting my classroom because since I inherited it last year it has been seven different colors, no joke. The following colors are random places on my walls: yellow, turquoise, pink, sea foam green, forest green, mint green, and blue. As you can probably tell it was not the prettiest sight in the entire world. I am someone who doesn't like when things are scattered or disorganized, and for some reason it just really bothered me that my classroom wasn't a cohesive, relaxing environment. So I changed that. Here is the finished result:









Luckily I had reinforcements who came and helped out. Over the three days I had two other teachers, Sara and Adriene help me, and then my mom, my cousin, my sister and her boyfriend all come help me. I wouldn't have gotten it done nearly as fast if I hadn't had their help.
I start my master's classes next Monday. They are both online classes and I am getting pretty nervous because every time I try to go to the web classes website their is nothing uploaded yet, no syllabus, no book list, nothing. I don't know if everyone knows this yet, but I have a tendency to be a little Type A. It is really not feeding into my Type A personality to not have any info or clue as to what I am supposed to be doing. I am usually the nerd that goes tot he university bookstore a couple weeks before classes and scouts out how much my books are going to cost, walks through my schedule so I know where every class is before hand, and if at all possible scrounges up a copy of the syllabus so I can write all the important dates in my planner and color code my classes. Yes there is a reason I became a teacher. I absolutely love school. If I could have gotten paid to be a life long student, I totally would have. I'm hoping soon, they put some things on the web so I can get started.
Hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Flower said...

Tag you're it. I left u something on my blog.