I just found out for sure thirty six hours ago that I am going to be a mom. Kind of crazy...I mean I always knew I wanted to have kids, and my husband and I have been talking about it quite a bit lately, and even had a plan in mind. Well, it's like Van Sant said in his song..."If you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans." Well I think the big man upstairs is laughing up a storm right now.
And so life is forever altered (in a good way) and the countdown begins. We have told our families (well my family...my husband is a more in person kind of person, while I can't keep a secret for anything and called my mom, grandma, uncle, aunt, best friend, etc., etc., twenty seconds after I found out) some of our friends, and the general reaction seems to be positive...shocked but positive. I am getting more used to the idea, and think I have finally gotten to the excited while being scared out of my mind mode.
I have started reading anything and everything I can get my hands on about pregnancy, labor, newborns, and feeding. I am very much a person that likes to know as much as I can before hand so that way there are no surprises....well I think in a situation like this there are always going to be surprises, but I can at least lessen the number of them right? Anyway, I figured I would start a blog since I've never been here before (pregnant, not blogging), and it might help to get in writing what I am going through and feeling...
Status check: I am feeling like I will never stretch to the size of the pictures in the magazine and will split in two instead, and there is no way in you know where that I am squeezing something five pounds or more out of my body, I don't think it is physically possible...but stranger things have happened!
Wish me luck and pray for my husband and I as we embark on this crazy thing called parenthood.




No comments:
Post a Comment