Monday, March 31, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Well yesterday I got my first taste of married life and how a simple argument can turn into Mt. St. Helens. It all started so innocently...Jeff was playing Tiger Woods on Wii and I was grading Math tests. I had asked him earlier in the day what he wanted to do for lunch and he was pretty into his game, so I really didn't worry about. Well two hours later he was still playing and I was getting hungry. So I got upset because he wasn't able to read my mind and know that I wanted him to stop playing and go eat. I am a big girl and I could have gotten something to eat myself, but no, I had to pick a fight...Anyway it escalated rather quickly from something small and stupid to Jeff leaving and me in tears. Luckily we both realized how stupid it was and he came back ten minutes later (He later told me he was only able to go down the parking lot a little, he couldn't bring himself to actually leave). Everything ended up fine, we talked and smoothed things over, and we both learned we need to actually communicate because neither of us have ESP.

On a quick side note, Jeff and I got a drunk dial from two of his aunts and grandmother Saturday night...they were drinking champagne and playing Scrabble which we found hillarious!!!

No comments: