
It's hard to believe that spring break has already come and gone...Just shows how quickly time goes by. Jeff and I had a great time spending spring break together. Wednesday we went and visited his aunt and grandmother in Hoisington. I like to go there because it makes me feel like I am getting a behind the scene tour of Jeff's life growing up, a time I missed out on. But my favorite things to listen to are stories about Jeff's mom. She died long before Jeff and I met, something that is very hard on both of us, especially him. I know it sounds weird, but I feel a strong connection to her, almost like I can feel her presence. I'm sure it is just the fact that we both love Jeff very much, but it's almost scary the different things that come up that she and I had in common...she collected angels, I collect angels...she loved Andes mints, I love Andes mints...I could go on, but there isn't enough room...anyway...we went to the Hoisington cemetary while we were there to say Hi to Jean. We did a rubbing of her headstone and are going to frame it. And we talked and cried and talked some more...Sometimes something will be on TV or in a song on the radio, and it will remind me of something someone has said about Jean, and I will burst into tears for no reason at all...Is that weird?? I mean to feel so emotional and attached to someone I've never met? Anyway, we had a good talk/cry in the cemetary, and went back by the next day to say bye to her before we left town. I wish that I could have known her...I used to tell people if I could go back in time and meet one person, I would want it to be Marilyn Monroe. Well, I still love ya Marilyn, but you've been replaced...To Jean, the mother-in-law I've never known...thank you for raising the most amazing man and husband. You would be proud. We both love and miss you everyday...




1 comment:
Jean was truly amazing. I miss her terribly...and I wish you could have met her because you would have loved her. She did a great job raising Jeff and I know she'd be proud of both of you.
Crap, I can't stop crying.
Post a Comment