
So I am almost finished with this darn KPA...I must really really love my job, because I can't imagine writing a 25 page portfolio for any other thing. Speaking of teaching, my kids are super excited because we are taking a field trip to the Kansas City Zoo at the end of the year during our Plants and Animals Science unit. They are even more excited that Jeff might be one of our chaperons. They absolutely love when he comes to school. Ever since he cooked our dinner for World's Fair, they think he is the coolest (he did do an amazing job, especially since our country was Madagascar and the dish consisted of rice, chicken, ginger, coconut milk, etc I couldn't have done it without him!) . When he's around, they are so captivated, and actually are interested in what he is talking about. Without me even asking, he turned his cooking for them into a science lesson, talking about changing matter. It was awesome. Anyway, he came to bring me lunch today since he had the day off, and the kids were stoked to see him. We are doing a month long author study on Dr. Seuss because he is one of my faves, and this week we are doing one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish...We did the red fish, blue fish hokey poky this morning, and the kids had a blast...I love my job. Where else could I act like a total goofy nerd, use ten different voices for different characters in books, and get to teach them things like what Mrs. Piggle Wiggle is??? Nowhere else but here...and I love every minute of it!!! I mean I get payed to read my favorite books to them for fifteen minutes a day while rocking in a rocking chair...It's awesome! Did I mention I love my job??




1 comment:
Being a teacher rules.
Except when you have double recess duty and it is freezing outside!
Post a Comment