
Warning: pregnant animal shown...
One week down, one week to go...
My class is learning about animals right now. Today in our book we were talking about Animal Babies, and how they are born...Mammals have live births, fish, reptiles, amphibians typically lay eggs, etc. This picture was in our book...Is it sad that I am jealous of a seahorse, even if it is a male gender confused seahorse?
We were doing an animal sort today, where I give them a picture and they have to write in their science notebooks what it is (mammal, bird, fish, etc.) I have this student that is rather obsessed with animals...I think he is going to be the next Jack Hanna. Anyway, we were doing our sort, and one student had a picture of a hermit crab, and asked me what it was. Um, crap... This was my logic, which I shared out loud..."Well it's not a mammal because it doesn't have hair. It's not a bird. It's not a fish because it doesn't have gills. It's not a reptile because it lives on land..." to which Jack Hanna Jr. replied, "Mrs. Olson, alligators and crocodiles are reptiles and they live in the water some of the time." Well, shoot. He's right, and there goes my logic. So I tried to turn it around on them, like I do when I am not sure of the right answer, and tell them they should google it. At this point Jack Hanna Jr. jumps in and comes up and whispers in my ear, "Um, Mrs. Olson, it's a crustacean." OH! Well that answers everything :)




1 comment:
LOL! I love how the boy seahorses do all the work in the baby carrying area. If a seahorse had to do IVF, would the girl one do the PIO shots?
Hugs!
Carrie
Post a Comment