Monday, July 21, 2008

AHF: Golf, Friends, and Fun



How cute was this boy? This was Jeff circa 1986ish...wasn't he a doll?? I can only hope our kids will be half as cute. And of course I have to make a shout out to railroad bear, who is no longer with us.

Jeff and AK defended their title this weekend of grand champion at the After Harvest Festival Golf Tournament. They got third, which in my book is nothing to feel too darn awful about at all. Jeff wasn't real happy about it, but no matter what he says, he still did a good job.

We also got to hang out with some old family friends of Dave and Jean, the Neys and the Cardiffs. They both are extremely nice and love to tell stories about Dave, Jean, and Jeff. Tim told me about how Jeff use to ride around on the back of the golf cart when he was little, and how he wasn't very old when he could hit a golf ball further than any of the 'big' boys. This was the first time I had ever met Tim and Carol and they were such nice people! I really had a fun time with them. We made plans to go to Vegas with them next summer, since I have never been and Jeff hasn't been since he has been 'legal' to gamble.

We ran into the Neys at AHF after the concert Saturday night. Tammy is like a mom to me, and I couldn't love any family more than I do them. Tammy and I were talking about wedding stuff, and she told me that she knows Jean is looking down on Jeff and I and is so happy that we are together and love each other as much as we do. She also told me a story about how once Jean started laughing she had such an infectious laugh that everyone around her would start laughing, even if you didn't know why. I love hearing stories like that. It helps paint such an amazing picture of Jeff's life growing up, and fill in the missing pieces. Overall, it was just an amazing time.

Jeff starts his new job tomorrow working at Payless. I think he is really excited about it. I hope it is something he will be happy with and will enjoy. I am going in tomorrow to start putting my classroom together. It seems so hard to imagine that summer is almost over and school is just around the corner. It seems like yesterday that I was putting my kids on the bus on the last day of school. How time flies!

Doctor update: I have an appointment on August 12 with a new specialist who seems very nice, and hopefully he can give us some insight into our next step in the process.

Other than that hope everyone had a great weekend! Anytime anyone would like to get away or just stop by, we are more than happy to have guests!

No comments: