Friday, July 4, 2008

God Bless the USA


I just wanted to take a sec and express my thanks for everything the men and women overseas are doing to ensure that we have a safe place to live each and every day. One of my best friends is gearing up for his first tour of Iraq at the end of July. He just got married last weekend, and his wife is very calm and understanding about the whole thing and is proud of her husband (as she should be). It really made me think about ALL of the people who make sacrifices for our country. Primarily, yes, it is the soldiers over there fighting, but there are also people back state side that are sacrificing day in and day out as well. Sacrificing having a husband or wife to kiss good night. Sacrificing having daddy or mommy there to tuck them into bed. It really hits home when you see it with your own eyes. I cannot imagine having Jeff gone for an undetermined amount of time and having little to no contact with him, never knowing if he was safe or not. My hat is off to those that can and are/have doing(done) that.

I thank God everyday that I can get up every morning in the town I choose to live in, put on whatever clothes I feel like, listen to whatever music I want to, watch whatever I want to, and pray to whomever I believe in because of people who have died for our freedom. Thank you, although I feel that simply a thank you is not enough. God Bless the USA.

No comments: