Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Golfing, Skiing, and Sun


So this weekend was...well hot! Jeff played in the Little Apple Classic in Manhattan and he and his partner placed fourth in the second flight, or about twelth out of seventy two teams. Not bad at all, but of course, Mr. Competitive wanted to do better.


I went up Friday and watched and stayed until Saturday and came back. My body does not handle heat that well, so that is about all I could stand. My friend Sara and her husband Colin have a boat, and they called to ask if my friend Adriene and I wanted to go boating on Sunday...umm, is that even a question?? Heck ya! So we went out to Perry Lake. They have water skiis, a wake board, a knee board, and a tube. It was awesome!! Sara and Colin are pretty experienced at all the aforementioned water sports. Myself, um, I think I have been water skiing twice in my life. So we started out tubing, which for those of you not familiar, consists of a giant innertube which you lay on on your belly and grab onto two handles on the top of the tube, which is what keeps you on. I have ZERO upper body strength, but once i got zipping around the lake, you better believe I was hanging on for dear life! It was fun! Then they got out the knee board. This is much better if I could demonstrate in person, but writing will have to do...so the knee board is about half the size of a surf board with impressions made for your knees. What you have to do is start out by balancing yourself laying on your belly on the board. You have to keep the nose of the board out of the water while holding the ski tow rope. Then once the boat starts to go you have to still keep the nose out and hold the rope, but you also have to pull your knees up underneath you, sit up, and pull a strap over your legs while moving...It took me about six time to even get to the sitting up part, but by then my arms were shot. It was a fun day!


I cannot believe I have to start work tomorrow! Where did the summer go?

No comments: