I heart the Olympics! I love watching every part of it. Tonight's opening ceremony was awesome!! I realize I am an emotional person, crying at everything from 20/20 to deal or no deal, and tonight was no exception. When the Chinese team came out and they told the story of the little boy walking with Yao Ming, it was all I could do to not turn into a blubbering mess. I cry when people win gold and they hear the national anthem. I cry during the closing ceremonies. I cry when people fall down during races I don't know what it is, and it doesn't matter whether people are happy, sad, or indifferent, I cry. I just get very in touch with other people's feeling and emotion, and it is like I can feel their joy and their pain too. I know it sounds weird, but such is life!
I had to go back to work Wednesday :( My kiddos come back next Wednesday, and if I weren't emotional enough as it is, in my classroom I have: a kiddo who's mother just abandoned him a week ago and is living with his grandmother, a foster child who was left on the steps of an orphanage with his twin sister, and a boy who's father was killed in a drive by shooting last April. I think my secretary is secretly trying to kill me (not really, I love my secretary!). I am trying to be prepared, and like my friend always tells me, there is nothing wrong with showing emotion in front of your kids, it just lets them know that you are human and not a robot. It's good I am not a robot, because all my joints would have been rusted long ago from all the tears :) Happy Weekend!
PS: If you have not watched the "last lecture" video that is making the rounds, it is amazing!!! You want to talk about some serious crying...
A firstborn among us
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment