Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Do you ever get those anxiety moments? Not exactly a full on attack, but enough to make your stomach feel like you've been on the Scrambler at some country fair?? That was me last night. I was watching CSI: Miami...one of Jeff and my's favorite shows. We actually only found out about it an hour before that it would be on (it's usually on Monday nights) and we actually high fived each other (that's how dorky perfect for each other we are :)) Anyway, so we were watching it and it was about how Horatio was going to Rio to stand trial for killing the man who killed his wife, and it struck me how I would be lost if something ever happened to Jeff. I mean, it physically almost made me hyperventilate. My blood ran cold, and the room was all topsy turvy. I had never thought of that before...what my life would be like if I had to go on without him. And now, it seems I can't get the thought out of my head. I have never been a real clingy person. I kind of do my own thing, and just kind of go with the flow. It wasn't until I got an email this morning from Jeff's aunt that I finally found some peace about the concept of it all. It said you can't waste anything, you just have to cherish it for the time you have it. So instead of worrying about the what if's in life, I am trying to use up every last ounce of the time we have together, and be happy in knowing that if our time on Earth is cut short, we will be together again someday in Heaven.

1 comment:

Ian's Mom said...

I'm a worrier by nature, but you've got to just relax and enjoy each day as it comes!
I've learned you can't change things by worrying about them!