Monday, April 14, 2008

One Crazy Weekend!

Well this weekend was one for the record books! It was a great weekend...well except for my brother almost getting mugged and beat up Friday...and Jeff's aunt had a close call during her surgery...but other than those two amazing little miracles by God (that they are both okay) the weekend was stellar...Jeff and I, my brother, his girlfriend Candi, and two of my friends from school went to Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday night...let's just say teachers should not be let out of their cages in public. The night entailed four rounds of shots, two double drinks for each of us, muppet dancing (you really just had to be there), talking to people through a wall about how they were cheating at trivia (Adriene takes her trivia seriously!), and a guy telling my that I sucked because I won the trivia game. It was an awesome night, capped off by some late night Harry Potter Scene It playing. Poor Jeff! I have only forced him to watch two of the movies, and only one of which was even part of the game. Adriene and I happen to both be self proclaimed Harry Potter nerds, and were rattling off answers. Adriene won, I was a close second only a few spaces behind, and Jeff...well he barely got off start. We even tried to cheat for him, and give him clues, but he was pretty much hopeless. But you have to give the guy bonus points for being a good sport and playing a game with too drunk Harry Potter freaks.
We are gearing up to go to Arizona in May. I am excited to go to Arizona, not so excited about the plane ride. Something about plummeting to my death doesn't thrill me in the least. Jeff says his favorite part of flying is taking off...mine is landing and seeing the terminal, and knowing that I have safely landed on the ground. Any tips out there for mellowing out during the flight short of drugging up (which I had already thought about!) please let me know. I am all ears!
And finally, Praise Jesus, the state testing is over!!!!!!!!! Now I can get back to just teaching, and enjoying my job!

No comments: