Saturday, June 14, 2008

I left my heart in Manhattan...


Last night we hung out with some old friends. It was so fun! We all use to work together at Chili's and they are just really good people. I always have a blast when we are all together.


It is kind of starting to hit me how much of Manhattan I am going to miss. Even though I grew up in Topeka, we were in Manhattan often visiting my grandparents. There is just a different feel to Manhattan that I can't quite put my finger on, but something serene, and peaceful. It is so different from the bigger cities where it just seems like everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere, or do something. I especially love Manhattan in the summertime. It feels like you get to actually see the real city.
I am going to miss swinging in central park with Jeff, playing tennis at night at the rec center, sitting on the patio at Rustys having a drink after work, watching the sun set over the hill from our apartment, having Chris and Karen just down the road to grill with, walking into Wal-Mart and seeing my grandma, having Sally right down the street and seeing her at the bank. I'm going to miss seeing purple on every street corner, assuming everyone you talk to is a K-State fan, tailgating for games, hanging out at Pillsbury Crossing, going up to Tuttle Creek beach, and just being here in general.
Don't get me wrong, I think living in Topeka will be amazing, and I am excited, it's just hard to leave a place that you have lived for so long. And so another chapter closes and one is just beginning in our lives. Stay Tuned!

No comments: