So we survived Stampede!!! I worked 99 hours in 8 days...Jeff worked about 70. I have never worked so long and so hard in my entire life, nor have I been cussed at so much in my entire life. People were not happy about the long lines or the water standing in the campground due to the rainfall/flooding (because I apparently control whether or not it rains), so they chose to yell at the first person they came across that worked at Stampede, which was me. Awesome. I actually had a woman tell me that it was ridiculous they couldn't park up at Tuttle Creek because it flooded the night before and we should pave the entire park...A State park. Does anyone else see anything wrong with that?? I tried at politely as possible to explain to her that I didn't think they would pave a state park that was owned and run by the Kansas Wildlife and Parks Association for a concert that was there four days out of the year. She still continued to yell at me and tell me how they should do x, y, and z better. Apparently I just look like a really important person who can control the entire thing, or I look very passive and un-scary. I am assuming it is the later of the two.
Jeff found out he got a new job yesterday! He is going to be a cook at the Corporate Dining Center for Payless Shoe Source's Corporate Office in Topeka. He will only have to work Monday through Friday 6 am to 2:30, and they will start him at $13 an hour. The best part is he also gets medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as disability, life, and accidental death insurance. It is pretty much everything we both wanted him to find and I really think he is going to like it a lot. It will be actual cooking like he wanted, and most everything they make will be from scratch. I am super excited for him and so proud.
We are being lazy today after working the last eight days at Stampede. Jeff took the day off so we could just relax. We are watching all of the shows on our DVR, so today will be Hell's Kitchen, So You Think You Can Dance?, 90210, Ace of Cakes, Real World, Iron Chef, and my new favorite, Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. I am such a reality TV junky, it really is sad. So Good to Actually Have a Home Again!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment