
Does anyone out there believe in signs? Like when something completely random seems to point to a particular outcome to something that's been on your mind a lot?
We did our secret Santa exchange this week. My secret Santa was one of our first grade teachers who is the sweetest lady in the world. She gave me a 2 liter of cherry 7 up, some wheat thins (my fave!), Godiva Chocolate (yummy!!), and 2 Willow Tree Angels, which I collect. The one on Thursday was the Bright Star Angel, which symbolizes the light within. It was one I had seen at the store and fell in love with right away. It is so pretty. The one I got today was the Angel of Miracles, which is kneeling holding a baby chick hatching out of an egg, and the card that came with it says it means, "Trusting in life's everyday miracles." How could anything have been more perfect for the struggles that Jeff and I are going through?? I have to admit I almost started crying when I opened it. There is no other way to describe it than exactly what I needed to pick my spirits up.
Jeff and I are headed to Fort Riley tomorrow to help my aunt and uncle lay wreaths on the unmarked soldiers markers at the cemetery. I'm going to try and remember our camera so I should have some cool pictures to share. We missed doing it last year because the day they did it was the day of our wedding. They are supposed to be laying somewhere around a thousand wreaths. I'm sure it will be beautiful!
I'm going to type a short blog tonight...my arm is hurting...Jeff and I played an hour and a half of Wii Sports tonight, and I am exhausted. Have a great weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment