This picture is of the Christmas tree out front of the Hancock Building in Chicago. We took it on our honeymoon a year ago.
This week is going to be a busy one! Tonight we are hosting a Christmas Party at our house for our friends and family...I'm excited! We found this awesome recipe on Food Network for Turkey and pancetta meatloaf we are going to try (and by we I mean Jeff will be cooking and I will just chop whatever he tells me to). Should be a fun time for all :)
Tomorrow is our one year anniversary. It's gone by so fast! I can't believe it's already been a year. I cannot begin to relate how much I love and care for my husband. It seems like each day I find another reason to love him that much more. Going through everything we have in the past year alone couldn't have brought us closer together. You would think going through the long and tumultuous road of infertility would be causing us problems and making us more distant, but Jeff and I decided from the beginning we were a united front and it wasn't your problem or my problem, it was our problem and we would figure out a solution we both wanted. We couldn't be more happy together.
I think it helps that Jeff and I were really good friends long before we even started dating. It's weird to think that I have known Jeff for six and half years now! He is my rock and my sense of peace. No matter what has happened or will happen in the future, there is not a doubt in my heart that everything will be fine as long as we are together.
I also get to celebrate our anniversary by going in and having a blood test. Yay! Nothing like needles to add to the ambiance! We also are celebrating my immediate family Christmas in the afternoon. We are going out to eat somewhere for lunch, though I don't know where yet. Then tomorrow night the anniversary festivities commence. Jeff is making me dinner, though again I don't know what. I told him to surprise me, so who knows what he will decide to make, but whatever it is, I know it will be very yummy!
Tuesday is my veg out day while Jeff is at work. I'm going to finish wrapping Christmas presents and do laundry. Wednesday after Jeff gets off work we are headed to Manhattan for Christmas Eve Church and then a dinner party at some family friends. Thursday we will open presents with my mom's family. I don't know if we will see dad's family or not (the wonders of divorce). Then late Christmas night we are headed to the GB (Great Bend) for Jeff's family Christmas. We will split our time there between GB and Hoisington where his mom's family celebrates. We will make it back to Topeka on Sunday night in time to go to bed so Jeff can work on Monday. Like I said, busy week!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! God Bless!




No comments:
Post a Comment