Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas, Christmas, Time is Near...

I sent up a prayer Thursday evening that God would take away my wants and desires from this situation, and put what he wanted right in front of my face so plainly I couldn't deny the path he was sending us on...and then the doctor called Friday. Ironic, huh? So he wants us in KC, so we're doing another cycle. I honestly didn't really want to. After the heartache and disappointment of last month (oh who am I kidding, every month since March?!?) I kind of wanted to take a break. But ask and you shall receive!

The good news is that they want to try another natural cycle (or as natural as you can pretend this is anyway :) ) so no needles for me for this month anyway. I'm excited about that aspect. The downside is that they want me to come in seven days after the insemination so they can draw blood and do some kind of hormone assessment. I really thought there was no other test they could do on my hormones, but once again, I stand corrected.

What's funny about that is even though everyone from here to Timbuktu has drawn my blood in the past year, I don't know what type of blood I have. I've asked them if they could type it for me before, but they said that was another type of test and they would have to draw different blood. I mean, I'm going out on a limb here, but isn't blood blood? Why do you need different blood? Can't you just take a tiny drop from one of the THREE vials you just drew and check it?? But as previously stated I am not a doctor and therefore I don't get paid the big bucks. :)

With the one day I will have to be gone on the 15th for the insemination I have nine days until Christmas Break!! This is my all time favorite time of year...Christmas specials on TV, Christmas music on the radio, Christmas decorations everywhere you look...I love it!! Which is why I decided to get married during this time of year :) I would tell you what I am getting Jeff for his Christmas/Anniversary present, but he reads this every now and then, so it would ruin the surprise. :) Jeff if you are reading this, no hints, I'm sorry.

Brian and Ellie are moving up on the 20th. Our friend Andrea is flying in from New Mexico on the 19th and staying with us, and my best friend Tracy and her husband are driving up from Texas some time around then, too. I'm excited to have more friends here! Have a wonderful start to your week tomorrow!

No comments: