
Somebody at school yesterday commented that I was, "glowing", and they wondered if I had something to tell them...hinting that they thought I was pregnant. Keep in mind this person is well versed on our condition and the struggles that we have been through/are going through.
Me, being my passive aggressive self, well, I just giggled and quipped off something about not that I was aware of. The me in my brain, the me hormonally deprived, stressing about state testing, possibly losing my job due to budget cuts, and the fact that it has been a whole calendar year since my miscarriage and I have not managed to get pregnant again at all, really wanted to scream, "Why the &*^% would you say that? Only an @$$%^&* would comment on that when you know that I am having a hard enough time with it as is!!!!!!!"
Whew, okay...got that out of my system. Aside from this instance, I have been really proud of myself since leaving our last RE (reproductive endocrinologist), because I have tried really hard not to be obsessive over what day of my cycle it is, or when I might, or might not be, ovulating. I'm just trying to "let it happen" (hahaha) and if it happens this cycle great, if not, we see our new RE on the 17th and we come up with a new game plan.
I'm distracting myself by throwing myself into work and preparing my kids for state assessment...not the healthiest of outlets, but I am too broke for daily massages :) I also have a really cool Valentine's day surprise planned for Jeff, so I'm working on that as well. Hope you all are having a great week!




3 comments:
I'm sorry that people can be so insensitive. You are entitled to vent. And I just have to tell you that you look gorgeous in that picture!
{{{Hugs}}} and I'm sorry you had to listen to that asshat comment. BTW, I read your last post About going to Barnes and Nobles and figured if you loved books that much you might want to participate in my book challenge for 2009.
Ahh, I am getting "knowing" looks from a coworker. I'm about to hit her, even though I know she wants nothing but good things for me. She really couldn't understand, even after I explained that the odds of an IUI actually working are 1-2%. You want to know why she can't possibly get it? Two accidental pregnancies and two beautiful babies as a result - is it any wonder? I'll let you know if I get fired because I did actually hit her . . .
Post a Comment