Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Show and Tell


Welcome to those of you who are here for ICLW week! Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog, and if you leave a comment, I will most certainly try and return the favor. If you're here for show and tell, well this week will have you piddling your pants...
For those of you who don't know, I teach third grade. I love teaching because you never know what the kids will say or do, and sometimes what they say and do is so unbelievably funny, you just have to share, like this story for instance.


We are reviewing parts of speech right now, and yesterday the assignment was to pick a verb and write a paragraph using it to tell a story. I was grading papers and here was my favorite...


"I like cocking. It is very fun. My mom really likes cocking. She cocks a lot. My dad doesn't like cocking as much as my mom does. When I grow up I want to learn to cock really good."


In case you didn't know, or you just think I am teaching my students inappropriate synonyms for body parts, Cocking=Cooking.
So maybe we should work on spelling as well as grammar :)
Head on over to Mel's to see what other stories people are 'cocking' up!

22 comments:

Liv said...

Oh, my freaking goodness, you're right I did piddle my pants. That was too funny.

Love it. Hope there are more S&T's from your third grade class.

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh my! I'm crying, I'm laughing so hard! Can you imagine what that child's parents are going to think when they see that?!
*ICLW* and Show and Tell.

Sudbury Creative Reuse Centre said...

Too hilarious! Kids really do say and write the best stuff! Hope there's more where that came from. I could use good laughs these days.

ICLW and S&T.

'Murgdan' said...

Bwahahahahahaha!! I LOVE it!!! Too cute! Thanks for sharing it!

Leslee said...

That's hilarious! I wonder if this kid will find the story some day and turn bright red!

When I was about 8, I had a frenectomy (removal of the flap of skin attaching your lip to your gums) and told every one that I'd had a hysterectomy. I wondered why everyone was laughing so hard... SO EMBARRASING...

Thanks for the sweet comment. I appreciate it so very much.

Leslee
babyattheend

Stephanie said...

I teach third grade too and love those kind of errors! I don't get nearly as many now as I did when I taught 1st and 2nd grade.

So funny!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Being a teacher is exhausting work....you're my hero!

ICLW!

Billy said...

So funny!!!
Kids today :-)
ICLW

Jo said...

That's priceless! The other teachers that I work with and I have started a collection of funny things kids say -- we could write a book someday!

Kristin said...

Bwahahahahahaha...omg that is rich. Very, very funny!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

I can just see the parents filing that away and saving it for the big speech on the wedding day.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Hi-freaking-larious!

My husband had a student once who wrote about how, when getting ready for a date, he would spray colon around the room to make it smell real good.

Soralis said...

That's too funny!

ICLW

ME said...

oh holy cow- that is too funny.

this is the type of stuff that makes me look forward to having kids!

my mother in law tells the story of when my husband was little and they had done a valnetines craft. later on, they were in the store and he saw something and remembered the craft and said LOUDLY, "that's the way we make love mommy!"

LOL

Anonymous said...

FUNNY !

Bella said...

Bwahahahaha! That's was great! My mom is a elementary teacher, too, and I love her stories!

ICLW

..al said...

LOLOL...my mind was reading it all in the dirty way. Of course, it has to be cooking...kick myself!

Cara said...

Nearly piddled in my pants! Couldn't stop tears streaming down my face!

As a fellow teacher, of the first grade variety, I see evolution of the reading and writing. Will DEFINATELY directy teach to the cook / cock verb confusion from now on!

Thanks for the great laugh!

ILCW

*T* said...

That's a great story! I teach kindergarten and one day I had a kid write (after an ocean adventure guy came to visit) I like the craps. (crabs) Gotta love kiddos!

littleangelkisses said...

I do love to read papers like that :)

What do you teach? I teach 6th and 7th grade. It's "that" time of year here!

Michelle said...

That is so hilarious! Thank you I needed that today!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious.