Sunday, February 15, 2009

Show and Tell




I know my show and tell is a day late and I apologize. I was out of town yesterday visiting my grandpa with my parents and my husband. He had major artery surgery last week and is back home by himself. We are trying to talk him into home health care at the least since he has to take like 8 different types of medication and if his blood pressure gets too high or too low it could be disastrous.





Anyway, we were in Washington, KS, a true one horse town, population smaller than my graduating class. We were deciding about lunch...Well in Washington there really are not that many choices. You have the gas station, or the local burger joint called "Swirly Top. We chose the burger place. Grandpa is bundling up and telling us we need to drive because it is 'a ways' down the street. Living in a big city, I am thinking this must be on the other side of town, you know at least a couple miles down the road.





Well, here is a picture from Grandpa's backyard. The gray building is the gas station and the red roof on the cream colored building you can see is the restaurant.



Holy cow! We might have to stop and get gas before we get there!! :)

Gotta love small towns!


Head on over to Mel's to see who else is telling stories!

4 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

If you can see it, it definitely qualifies as walking distance... unless there's some sort of canyon or raging river in the way.

Beautiful Mess said...

LOL, that's funny. You could have walked off all those calories ;o) Hope your grandpa is feeling better soon.

Wishing 4 One said...

LOL too cute your grandpa, so u did drive then? I love small towns too, as long as I am able to leave, cause I'm such a city chic....

Jamie said...

I'm from a pretty small town myself and it still makes me laugh when I go home and my parents are shocked if I leave the house after dark. The sidewalks roll up after 8pm.