Hello all and welcome 'ICLW'ers!
I have been writing my blog for about a year (my anniversary is coming up the beginning of March) which is both a happy and sad/sentimental time for me because my very first post on my blog was the day I found out for sure that I was in fact pregnant. My second post was about a week later when we found out we had miscarried. This year is bittersweet. I try not to reflect on the past, but it's hard not to and not to feel some sense of bitterness about it. Why me? Why my baby? Why do some people get to have healthy babies when you see them smoke, drink, use drugs, etc., and I treated my body like a temple and still lost my baby.
I just have to ask everyone else out there in blogland...Is it just me or are stupid people just everywhere these days? Today I was thinking back over this past year, and about all of the things Jeff and I have been through, and all of the things people have said to us over this past year. Just the other day my boss asked when we were going to start treatments again. I told him the end of April/beginning of May. He actually asked if I could wait a month or so because he didn't want me to be gone on maternity leave during State assessments next year. It took all my restraint not to slug him. I wanted to yell and scream and burst into hysterics, but I just turned and quietly started to do something else. I'm just praying for a baby...a healthy baby. I don't care if it comes from the man on the moon at this point...and he is worried about state assessments??? I really had to weigh in my mind if hitting him and facing battery charges, not to mention losing my job was worth his stupid ignorant comment...I decided no it was not because even if I did hit him, what would I do with all the other 9 million out there?? I couldn't very well haul off and hit every stupid person I found. God knows my hand would be worn out before I got to everyone!
And since I have gotten such a huge response to the "cocking story", here is another 3rd grade class story...
We do math review on our slates. I have a very imaginative and fun class this year, and I love them dearly. One child in particular is quite hilarious. I will be very sad to let him go on to 4th grade. He likes to write me notes on his slate when we are doing math review. His notes yesterday went like this...
Problem #1: I like ice cream.
Problem #2: I also like kitties and puppies (with a drawing to accompany)
Problem #3: I have nightmares about Dora the Explorer.
Problem #4: Boots (who is a monkey) from Dora is my cousin. I hate him.
Problem #5: He is a Samar monkey from Japan. They hate him too. I have proof.
Problem #6: I love you Mrs. Olson. You are very funny.
I had to really concentrate on not peeing my pants from laughing so hard. I was literally crying. If nothing else, my job is never dull. The picture is from the beginning of the school year...just a look at my classroom.
Happy Friday to you all!!!




1 comment:
I nominated you for the Honest Scrap Award
at
http://bottomsoffandonthetable.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment