Pre-post warning...if you are a member of Jeff's family, you may not want to read on...
I am loving loving loving loving taking a break from treatments!!!! It is so much more relaxing to just...be alive right now. We have been doing back to back to back doctors, treatments, and tests for seven months now. For seven months all I could think about was having a baby, how I couldn't have a baby, and willing my body to cooperate to have one.
Even though this break was somewhat forced since we can't get into the new doctor until late February, I am so glad it worked out this way. I actually enjoy just spending time with my husband again. We don't have to just have baby-making sex several days in a row one week, and then occasionally when we feel like it. Jeff and I have both remarked that the positive ovulation kit is a mood killer, at least for us, because sex becomes so forced. It feels like you have to do it one way and only one way...and then there is the ever attractive fifteen to twenty minutes with your feet in the air. I know Jeff HAS to find me sexy with my butt up in the air. :)
Now I feel exhilarated. I actually find my husband attractive again, not that I didn't before, but it takes a lot out of your marriage when your entire focus is on what is missing and what might never be. We can have crazy hanging from the ceiling sex and not feel guilty because it is not in a baby-making position. I can have a glass of wine with dinner and not feel bad. I am so thankful that we decided to take others advice and take a break.
When we get back to the grind, our newest goal is not only to just conceive a child, but also to remember that the best part of all of this is that we get to do it together.
I realize there are others out there who have been doing treatments straight through for much longer than we have even been in the game. I am just saying, for us, this was the right move, and I am not trying to be insensitive, at all, to others feelings.




No comments:
Post a Comment