Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bachelorettes, Follicles, and Testing

I had the most amazing time last night. I went out in Lawrence for my good friend's bachelorette party. It got me thinking that I have not hung out with a group of only girls in so long...probably back to high school or even middle school. I've always been one of those people that prefers to hang out with guys over girls...guys just as a general rule don't come with the drama that girls do. This weekend however, reminded me of how accepting and wonderful it can be to have a group of girls come together for a common purpose, and you find all these new amazing people you never knew existed. I really had a great time, and met some awesome new friends.

I have my ultrasound tomorrow at 3:30 to see how many follicles (potential eggs) we have this month. I'm realistically optimistic. I only had one mature folli on 100mg Clomid, so I'm hoping with the different meds I will have a couple, but not too many. I don't think I will pull off making a print out for myself :) I'm too big of a chicken...but I have considered taking a spiral notebook and documenting what my measurements were.

FYI--Random Vent Coming UP!
State testing this week again at school, but thank God the last one for this school year. 7 more weeks of school!!!! For my teachers out there, you can probably feel me on this. I'm getting sick of people (nobody on here, all IRL people, I'm just venting here)telling me it must be nice to be off for three months and still get paid. Okay, once and for all: 1) It is not three months. I get out May 20. I get all of June. I go back the last week of July. So technically I get two months, maybe if you squish May's break and July's together. 2) It's not a paid break. I only get paid for the nine months I teach...it is just broken up over twelve months. Phew! Okay glad I got that off my chest. My typical response is, "you are more than welcome to go back to college and get your education degree," always said with a smile of course :)

Have a great start to another new week!

3 comments:

Liv said...

Good luck on your follie check tomorrow. Seriously...your not going to even try to print it out??? Awe, c'mon!

Totally kidding.

I know this is not a fair comparison, but I've had people make snide remarks how we get four weeks vacation and all the bank holidays off. So, to a certain degree, I hear ya.

But, the other thing I think is completely misunderstood in regards to our educators is how much work you do beyond the classroom. My SIL takes work home and can easily spend another four hours preparing/grading papers each day. Plus, the expenses teachers take upon themselves that they certainly do not get reimbursed for.

Anyway, I totally feel you deserve that time off AND THEN SOME!!!

Karen @ Chez Perky said...

Why don't you just ask for a printout?

My clinic rocks because the sonographer ALWAYS gives me a printout.

(And once when there was a different sonographer who didn't give me a printout? I printed my own.)

HH said...

Amen!