Thursday, March 19, 2009

How I've missed you...


I'm still here, I promise!!!!! I've felt like a fish out of water without my internet at my beck and call all week...I almost hyperventilated...okay it's not that bad, but I've missed my blogging friends terribly! I've been so busy this week trying to cram every ounce of vacation I can into my spring break. Here's the rundown...

Monday I went and saw 'Twilight'. I told myself I wouldn't go watch the movie until I finished the book. The book was better, but the movie was still really good.

Tuesday was the big St. Patty's day parade downtown and my mom accompanied me to it. We pushed our way through the crowds, and lasted for about a half an hour and then walked the mile back to where we parked and got lunch.

Wednesday was a girls' shopping trip to KC. We hit up the Plaza (PF Changs, yummy!), Crown Center, and Legends where I found a BCBG dress, originally $340 on sale for $40 (awesome!). We capped the day off with a margarita at 'Cheeseburger in Paradise.'

Today we went to Manhattan to visit some family and did some more shopping (I hope my husband forgives me for the amount of retail therapy I have been doing!)

Tomorrow I am frantically cleaning house for my in-laws arrival, and then Saturday is Jeff's birthday! Busy, busy, busy!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring break?! What is that? Hopefully yours is relaxing and all of the icky state assessments are over - they can't expect kids to come back from spring break and remember anything! Much less teachers! Hope this next go around is easier on you!

Liv said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! Hope you enjoy a good weekend taking advantage of the final days of Spring Break!

-ICLW

'Murgdan' said...

Sounds like a GOOD trip! Good job on the dress AND the margarita :-)

ICLW

Jo said...

Twilight, oh how I love thee. A student got me hooked on the series last year. I was less than impressed with the movie. . .

PF Chang's is one of my FAVORITE restaurants. I wish we had one here.

Glad you enjoyed your spring break. Mine is 10 school days away. . .I've been counting down for a while.

Happy ICLW!
Jo

Queenie. . . said...

It sounds like you have been having fun. And now is a really good time for "retail therapy"--the sales are AMAZING!! (I just did some yesterday, too).

Mrs. Gamgee said...

retail therapy is always a good thing... especially when you're finding the great deals! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

ICLW

Nic said...

Found you through ICLW. So sorry for you loss and your struggle. Good to see you have had a lot of retail therapy though!

Anonymous said...

Fun week. Saturday was my sons b-day. OUr first celebrated together

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your DH! And it sounds like you've have had such a fun week!

Stacie said...

Hope you had a wonderful spring break! It sounds like you got to do a lot of different things. It goes by much too quickly, doesn't it? We don't have our break for another two weeks, and I am going crazy waiting for it. :-)

ICLW

Mara said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Busy can be good, and your busy sounds like fun.

(ICLW)