Monday, March 30, 2009

Playing KS Hold 'Em


I had my follicle scan today... had one 20mm on my left and three small ones 8mm and lower on my right. I'm excited about the 20 mm, it's exactly what I was hoping for...So the doctor gave us the go ahead and i just had my first HcG shot. I didn't want to do it myself the first time (something about giving myself a shot in my stomach kinda made me scared!) so I called in my good friend Ellie who is a home health nurse to do it for me, so I could see it done in person. I could barely feel it cause she's such an awesome nurse!




We now go in for IUI #4 on Wednesday. I don't know if this sounds crazy or not, but I'm actually kind of dreading it. We've already been through three negative IUIs. Each time you can't help but think about it, you have to live your life like you are pregnant...no alcohol, no caffeine, no strenuous activity...and then after you have done all the preparation, medicine, and emotional ups and downs...you find out once again it has all been in vain. It feels like a sick, twisted game of poker each cycle and cycle.




I'm reminded of Kenny Roger's song the Gambler..."You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run...You never count your money when you're sitting at the table, there'll be time enough for counting when the dealings done."




You play with the cards you're dealt. I'm just hoping this time around we have an ace in the hole :)




3 comments:

Carrie said...

I am hoping that 20mm follicle is your ace in the hole, and you can count your blessings (or winnings!) in a few short weeks. Crossing everything for you!

Hugs,
Carrie

Liv said...

Yay for the great follie on the left!

I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Hoping for the bestest, bestest BFP.

Oh, and (Ahem) it's TEXAS Hold 'Em!!!!

Much love,
-Texan Liv

Anonymous said...

That's nice you have a friend who is a nurse to help you. My mother is an RN and was there to help me. Well wishes to you.