Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stupid People everywhere


I swear today was like a war on infetiles day at work.


Let me take you through my day...First I woke up this morning in a blur. I took Nyquil before I went to bed, and was in such a fog when I woke up I was bumping into things, and about fell over when I was trying to get dressed. I was just going through the motions, really not knowing what I was doing or where I was even, but somehow I managed to get dressed and only make it to work ten minutes late...then I went to put my lunch in the fridge, only to discover...I forgot my lunch in my Nyquil coma...crap.


Then I go over to my computer and open up my in-work email. Sitting in my inbox is a survey from the district....They say it was a survey on childcare...I say it is a conspiracy to rub in my face how much this week sucks (just kidding). Here is what it said...


1. How many children reside in your home?

2. How many children ages 0-3 reside in your home?

3. How many children ages 3+ reside in your home?

4. If the district provided a day care facility would you utilize it?

5. If the district provided a preschool facility would you utilize it?

6. Would you prefer half day or full day preschool?


So as if getting through this week on the anniversary of one of the worst days of my life isn't bad enough, I have to actually admit on paper that here I am a year later, and still have 0 children in my life, regardless of ages, and a day care/preschool facility would be Not Applicable due to no children. Awesome.


Now, the next part is kind of my fault. I brought up politics, namely the Georgia bill, with some colleagues. I like to educate those not infertile on some of the things infertiles go through and also to enlighten them as to why I act like a raging lunatic (kidding...sort of). Well, lets just say we didn't see eye to eye, and I'm sure my face gave away my feelings when one person said they thought those adopting embryos should have to face the same regulations as those who adopted children. Yeah, my blood pressure is raising again, so let's just leave it at that. I'm sure you can figure out where my feelings lie.


I'm just frustrated right now. Every single website/journal I try and do research on the bill, where it is in sub-committee, etc., everyone is still misusing implant for transfer, and while it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, I think it is, because it is a very misleading term, and one that could potentially get a bill passed due to misrepresentation, and ignorance. Are these people voting on this bill getting proper education as to what IVF actually is? That there isn't that much difference between IVF and natural pregnancy except IVF is fertilized outside the body instead of inside? Do they know that the embryos are placed back in the uterus not implanted and imbeded (a scientific impossibility?) I just wonder how much knowledge these people making decisions about my uterus actually have, yet everyone else not IF can breed and screw as much as possible and nobody is going to judge them or limit how many children they can have, or inhibit their chances of a family. Grrr...it all makes me so mad. I just want to carry around a stupid sign, kind of like the Bill Engvall skit, "Here's your sign." and put it on people who make insensitive, stupid, a$$hat comments.


In other news, Jeff and I are trying to decide whether to start our next IUI this next cycle or wait one more. Jeff thinks we should wait until April. I am getting antsy and want to get started, but the next OV date would be during state assessments. My question is if we do the U/S and they want me to do the shot earlier, then we could do it and miss state assessments completely...but if my body doesn't cooperate, or the eggs aren't there, etc. then it would fall smack dab in the middle of testing. I have always put my job before everything else, and to be honest, I am kind of tired of putting my life on hold for other things. I'm ready to get this show (back) on the road, and I'm tired of waiting. Am I being selfish if I say screw work, and do the IUI regardless, or should I be a good employee/teacher, and just hold out another month? Let me know what you think.


Happy Hump Day tomorrow!

4 comments:

Liv said...

Wow, how brave of you to broach the topic of the Georgia Bill with your coworkers.

One of my coworkers said, "So, they want to limit IVF - what's so wrong with that?" Grrr....

I'm sorry you had to deal with a bad day on the anniversary of your loss. I know you miss being pregnant and more than anything else you miss your baby. I'm just so sorry. I wish we could go back to the time that we were still innocent and blissful with TTC.

Thinking about you,

Carrie said...

Those anniversaries are so awful. I have three and each one, no matter how short the pregnancy hurts so much.

I have to agree about the stupid people- infertility-related or not, stupidity seems to be a disease!

Hugs!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Re: your question about pushing forward - how likely is it that the cycle would make you miss the state assessments?

I don't know what you do or what the assessments are or how often the assessments are done, so I don't know how great an impact this has on your job. I did six IUIs (got pg. and miscarried on my fourth and ended up with triplets on my sixth) and am now doing IVF with eSET in hopes of a (singleton) subsequent pregnancy.

I definitely got to a point where I was *not* going to put my life on hold any longer. I was going to push forward with treatments no matter what and the rest of my life could work itself out around me. Though I had a very demanding job and a foster son, I also knew that I was not indespensible. Who is? If I couldn't make a meeting at 8am because I needed to be at the clinic for an ultrasound or an IUI, well, someone else would have to cover. Period.

The nice thing about IUI is sometimes you can fudge dates a little. Move trigger date back by one day or forward by one day without drastically affecting outcome. You don't have that flexibility with IVF. So are State Assessments a one day thing? If so, maybe you won't miss them all together. Maybe you can work it out.

(Like I said, I don't know your specifics - I just am thinking out loud)

Came here by way of Cycle Sista, by the way. Good luck!

Emily said...

Don't even get me started on the GA bill... Good for you for educating others!
I am so sorry you had a bad day!
As far as your cycle, I guess it depends if you are enjoying your break or finding yourself wishing you were currently cycling. Listen to that voice and go with it! GL!
Emily
cyclesistas