Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Show and Tell

My husband is a chef, and yes, it is amazing to be married and not have to cook all the time. I am a horrible cook, no exaggeration. I burn toast, and will undoubtedly ruin macaroni and cheese. But, he is a wonderful, wonderful cook.

His grandmother has this recipe for orange biscuits that he has been trying to perfect. The last batch he made were amazing! Here are the pictures throughout the process.

I always consider myself his sous chef while he is cooking and let him delegate to me what tasks he wants me to do (and thinks I won't screw up :) )

If you would like the recipe, please email me. Don't forget to head over to Mel's to see what others are cooking up this week!

15 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

What kind of orange -- rind, juice, flavor, all of the above?

They look great!

Carrie said...

Hi! Here from Show and Tell. I am so jealous that your DH is a chef. AWESOME! I love all things baked, and all things orange. Baking makes the infertility journey more fun over at my place, but my jeans tighter. :) I will be emailing you for the recipe if that is okay!

Come say hi!
Carrie
http://tubelessinseattle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have a husband chef too! It's great. But, I don't even try to be the sous chef. He doesn't want me anywhere near him when he's in the kitchen.

Photogrl said...

Yum!

They look delicious!

Sudbury Creative Reuse Centre said...

Funny that you did a food post this week too! :) I grew up in a family of chefs and plain good cooks, so I love the whole process. I always loved helping my Mom.

Those biscuits look lovely. Got to love family recipes.

..al said...

That is so nice that you can entrust your hubby with the cooking and all. I am a bad cook myself. And I do it as duty but not for the love of it.

The cookies look great. :)

Anonymous said...

Um, I am so incredibly jealous of you right now, I can hardly see straight! Those look great!!!!

Eve

battynurse said...

Looks yummy.
I had to laugh at your comment of being able to ruin mac and cheese. I've done that.

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh those look delicious! I'm totally emailing you for the recipe. I'm not a great cook, but I don't burn toast anymore. I'd say you could learn, but why would you? You have a live in chef! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Those look amazing! My husband isn't a chef but he still kicks me out of the kitchen. I can only make things that come out of boxes. :)

Kristin said...

Those look amazingly good...yum.

Lilli O said...

recipe, please! but tell him to tone it down to my level if possible. =)

Anonymous said...

I too have a live-in chef: what he makes tastes good, what I make tasting good is about 50/50. He's really good at comfort food and Czech pastry. Lucky us, huh?

Wishing 4 One said...

They look so yummy! I have always wanted to be a chef in my own restaraunt... maybe someday, maybe not. For now I'm the chef in my house.

Jamie said...

How amazing to be married to a chef! I bet there is no hamburger helper in your house!

They look delicious . . .