I'm blogging over my lunch break...
So I have been doing some researching into Clomid use and different doctors and what they prefer to do as far as monitoring vs. non-monitoring. Given the fact that I didn't ovulate last month, I kind of wanted some reassurance that we weren't throwing money down the drain this month, but in fact had an egg waiting. I know $500 might not seem like that much to some people, but when you start adding up multiple cycles plus OPKs which run anywhere from $20-$40 depending on if you opt for digital or not, then add in pregnancy tests, dual prescriptions which I pay out of pocket and then get reimbursed 50% 8-10 weeks later...it all adds up!
I was figuring last night that Jeff and I are well over $2,500 in medical bills right now between the testing and the things I named above. Anyway, back to what I was originally blogging about...I called me doctor at KU Med today and asked about why I wasn't scheduled for a Day10-12 Ultrasound. They told me it was for convenience purposes for me since they knew what my occupation was and so I wouldn't have to miss work. I think its BS...I think they dropped the ball...if that was the reason why wasn't I allowed to make the judgement?? Why didn't they even give me the option. So after I told them that we were NOT going forward with this cycle's IUI until I knew I had eggs waiting, they scheduled me an U/S tomorrow morning with my OBGYN at 7:50. I still have to take the morning off but it will give both Jeff and I peace of mind. Very frustrating, but glad at last I have some answers. Thank you to all who emailed, commented and gave your opinions/suggestions about what to do. I wouldn't have had the cahones to do it without you!
A firstborn among us
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment