Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Question for my Clomid Ladies

I have a couple questions out there for my ladies who have taken Clomid or have friends who have taken Clomid...

1-I have heard lots of stories lately that you can't get individual insurance coverage once you've been on Clomid and that it can be hard to get insurance coverage for your kids because they see you as a huge liability...anyone else heard that?

2-Should my doctor be monitoring my cycle, follicles, etc? They always do a CD 21 Blood work to check and make sure I ovulated, but I thought that was more to do with the progesterone than the Clomid...should I ask about having Ultrasounds? I was told that if you take clomid you can possible have ovarian cysts and if you aren't monitored carefully then you can have an ovarian rupture if you are on Clomid another cycle...any truth to that?

I have tried googling both of these questions, but like everything else with all of this, you end up with 2,001 answers. I'm trying to be more proactive with my treatments. All along I have felt that it was the doctors calling the shots and not me, and now I am coming to realize more and more that this is my body and my well being, not theirs.

Any and all comments/answers are welcome!! Thanks!

No comments: