Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Starting Over

I called a new doctor yesterday and requested the new patient packet for Dr. Lyles with the Reproductive Resource Center. This is what stinks about starting over again...We have to fill out another 12 page packet of information which we have done three other times, then there is a possibility that Jeff will have to have another SA even though he's undergone three, 2 at the hospital, one with the urologist. I also just had my annual exam in August, but the packet says the doctor will do an exam while I am there. I guess I know that they need that info, but if I am forwarding my records, why do we need to do all of this again? It just feels like overkill. Luckily it sounds like this doctor is pretty reasonable, so I think if we express these thoughts to him he will take that into consideration. The thing I have to keep in mind is that it might not be best case scenario right now, but anything beats having to work with KU Med again. Wish us luck as the search continues!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think that it might be totally worth it if the new doc notices one little thing in your answers that allows him to tweak treatment so that it might work a little bit better. There is also the chance that you may not need the new doc if IUI#3 is a success. I always think that the more information a person (doctor!) has, the more educated and better of a decision they can make. Hopefully. That obviously does not account for stupid people with no feelings.