Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Clomid Monster :)


Happy New Year to everyone! I hope this new year finds you and your loved ones happy, healthy, and safe.


Now that I have said that...Will you look at those smiling faces?? This was us just over a year ago in Chicago on our honeymoon. We were just starting off and we had so many dreams and aspirations and the sky seemed the limit...until the day we walked into the OB/GYN office in August and heard the news that would change our lives forever.
I know to some that seems a little over dramatic and pessimistic, but what some people don't understand is that it does change your life forever. You aren't the same people you were before you heard the news. A part of you changes in a way that can never be repaired. A part of you is irreparably broken. I wish more people would understand that and stop expecting, or asking, us to cheer up, or stop worrying about it. "Stop trying so hard, and it will happen." It's not a phase that we are going through, this is our life. We did not choose for this to be our reality, but this IS our reality. We have accepted that and I wish other people would as well.
***(FYI I am speaking merly about a select few, and NOT those of you who have been supportive, understanding, and whose initials are A.F. if you were wondering :) )***


I hope my husband forgives me for my behavior these last 36-48 hours. I have started a new drug called Clomid. I can hear the "Ahhs" coming from those of you who have been on it before. I have heard people talk about the side effects of Clomid (ie: mood swings, hot flashes, etc) but I guess I was one of those naively positive people who thought, "that won't happen to me." Um, guess again! Poor Jeff! If you are reading this, I love you very much. This stuff has turned me into a mad woman!! I have cried over stupid TV commercials, gotten mad over a hypothetical conversation about what we would do with money if we won the lottery, and to top it off, Jeff committed the cardinal sin of making my pasta too watery. Holy Cow! Stop the presses and arrest that man immediately!!!! Like I said before, my hormones are a little out of whack. I love you Jeffers, and thank you so much for putting up with your crazy, whiny, tearful, insane wife!


Thank goodness I only have to be on this stuff three more days!!!


If you want some funny reading, follow this link...I found it on my new blog buddy Anne's sight and it is hilarious!


Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it okay to say that I get it? Something does change and it forces you to reconcile it with all of your plans, hopes, and dreams. There are also all sorts of little milestones and anniversaries that pop up out of nowhere. As for the clomid, I might email you a little bit about some of my experiences. They have been, ahh, interesting. It has been really nice to connect and read someone that gets it.