Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm no doctor, but I know this isn't right

You have got to be KIDDING ME!!!

So I went in and had my ultrasound this morning. She found three small follicles on my right ovary, and two medium and one mature on my left ovary. Sent my results to KU Med who called back to exclaim how excited they were about my four follicles ranging from 30 mm to 20 mm follicles they found...Excuse me, what??? Those were nowhere near the results the tech told me nor the amount of follicles she expressed or I saw with my own two eyes. The KU nurse also told me she was SURE I was getting ready to ovulate when the tech this morning said it could still be a while due to the lack of fluid she found in my uterus. What???? So once I again I called my doc here to clarify the results. She triple checked to make sure she sent them my results and they had the correct numbers on them...what she figured out...are you sitting down? THE NURSE WAS READING THE MEASUREMENTS FOR MY OVARIES!!!
How do you screw that up?? I mean that is her job is to know the ins and outs of reproductive medicine?!? It's very plain and clear...the tech showed me the results before she faxed them...There is a line that says uterus, a line for ovaries, and a line for follicles...wouldn't you find it weird if you had a follicle in the high 30's?? I mean I think I would be a little freaked out if I had an OVARY sized follicle, wouldn't you??

I've been praying ever since I first met and disliked my doctor for God to give me some direction. I kept looking for signs to tell me what to do, but I would get signs for leaving this doc as well as for staying so I've been very on the fence about the whole thing. So I finally worked up the courage after hearing all of this new evidence to ask my OBGYN for a new reproductive medicine doctor. I figured you couldn't get much more of a sign then that...I feel SOOOOOO much better, like this huge weight has been lifted off. I have never felt comfortable with this doctor, nor have I felt like an actual human being to their clinic. I didn't feel like they actually cared about me and my wishes, just their numbers, results, and money. I can actually breathe again, like the last five months have been suffocating and I can finally take a giant gulp of air. The power of prayer, my friends, can work wonders...God does a body good :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

H ~ I am so sorry that it all went down like that! I hate when you place all of your trust in someone to do the job that they specialize in and they fail. I can't believe that the RE was SO inept! How disappointing! You staying on top of things is what found this out though - which is awesome! I know of two REs a little bit further south if you want their info or websites. Still can't believe they made that type of error.