Saturday, January 10, 2009

Gods and mere mortals...


This picture really has nothing to do with anything I am blogging about, it is just one of my favorite wedding pictures...
Part 2 to the whole screw up yesterday...I am currently fighting with my current (I say current in the hopes that the status changes in the very near future pending a new doctor search) RE on why they didn't call for an HCG shot for me. Here is the background on my issues...


Last month I didn't ovulate. They stuck me on clomid and progesterone to ensure that I did, but were not monitoring my progress at all. I told them I wasn't doing another IUI this month without knowing we at least had a follicle that was mature. We did the follicle scan and they found one that was mature and ready to go. My thinking was okay, we know this is there, why not just do the shot which we know will make me ovulate and have the timing for this IUI over the weekend so we don't have to miss any more time at work for either of us. My RE apparently doesn't like giving people HCG shots so they are just waiting for a positive OPK.


Here are my worries...

-What if something with my body or the medicine makes it so I don't get a positive OPK this month and we miss my ovulation??

-What if I ovulate but not for a week or so more?


The thing that bothers me is that there is no reason we couldn't have done the shot. I am the patient. It is my money, my body, my time, my life. If I want the darn shot then give me the freaking shot! An MD does not make you a GOD...especially when you misread someone's ovarian measurement for a follicle measurement. Thank the Lord this is our last cycle with these people!!

No comments: